Autumn and winter breaks in the Loire Valley for up to 6 people.
The Loire Valley is the largest northern wine area in Europe. Just over 1 hour flight from the UK.
Come and join us for a personal weekend break for you and your friends. We will help you explore the Chinon area of the Loire valley and its wines.
Autumn and winter breaks 2019/20 in the Loire Valley
The Loire Valley area is known as the food basket of France.
Wine with food, wholesome gastronomic nourriture and with the season.
Guests enjoying Saturday evenings at La Voyette
Prices for your stay and what’s included;
- All meals and transport while you are with us.
- Breakfast, brunch or lunch and 4 course meal drinking the wine chosen from your cave visits.
- Guided tour around the area.
- Visits to wine caves and vineyards.
- Collection and return from Tours, Poitiers or Nantes airports (please note from Nantes there is a small charge of 30€) using Ryanair
- Or from local rail station. www.thetrainline.com
- Based on 2 people sharing a room.
- Each room has its own dedicated bathroom or shower.
- 350 per person based on 3 night stay.
Spend the weekend with us and explore this amazing area and discovering Loire Valley wine.
From the moment we say bienvenue to sadly au revoir we will escort you through your stay with us. Showing and touching this most wonderful part of the French countryside.
See what the Wine Traveler has to say about the Loire Valley.
All of this with the back drop of being in the World Heritage area and Chinon – the jewel in the crown just a short distance away.
Follow this link if you would like to know more about the History of Loire Valley wine
Chinon red wine
Tour caves and visit the supermarket, this will give you an understanding of what to look for when back home.
The weekend typically will be if collected from Tours airport.
- Arrive at Tours airport late afternoon on Friday where we will take you to a vineyard in Vouvray, there you can taste the special sparkling and still white wine of this small area.
- On to your accommodation at La Voyette where a 4 course meal will be waiting for you.
- Saturday morning after breakfast we will whisk you off to a vineyard. Here, weather permitting, we will go in to the vines to explore the wine making process then taste the wine in the cave. Afterwards back home for a light lunch.
- In the afternoon a trip in to Chinon for sightseeing then on to the supermarket to explore the wine of the wider region.
- Saturday evening will be a 4 course meal matched to the wines bought that day.
The vines of Couly-Dutheil Chinon
- Sunday is more chilled – first brunch then in the afternoon we will go to a cave in the Saumur-Champigny appellation where the wine cave is an old troglodyte palace. After buying the wine, head home for the evening meal via Candes-St-Martin to catch the view of the confluence of the mighty Loire and the Vienne rivers.
Vines of the area
- Monday it is time to say goodbye so, after brunch, we will meander back to the airport via a sightseeing tour of the area. If time allows, possibly another vineyard tour on the way.
The group size is 4/6 people
Chinon fortress in autumn
Winter in the Loire Valley
How to book.
Simply let us know which weekend you would like, follow the link to Ryanair to book your flight or train line for rail costs (these costs are not included in the advertised price for the weekend) and we will pick you up.
We use TransferWise to receive monies into our bank account. When you are ready we will send the link.
Come and join us
For more information email us at
Kevin and Denise